Sunday, September 14, 2008

Counting Down


In 12 days my life will change forever. In ways I'm not sure I can even fully understand or anticipate. On September 26th at 6AM, my father and I will stuff everything I have ever owned into in '02 Rav4 and leave on a 3,000 mile journey that has been 18 months in the making. All because I have this ridiculous idea that I belong in the nation's capital. No one could have ever prepared me for all the obstacles I've had to overcome just to get where I am now. But nothing I have ever done in my life feels as right as this feels. For all of the problems I've had leading up to this moment, I've also had so many people behind me. People that believe in my dream. Believe in me. Recognize that I have finally found my niche, even though it takes me three time zones away from everyone I have ever known and loved. This is the part where you come in. I want to hear what you think. I want ideas, reactions, stories. I'm going to be posting a few times before DC-day and daily once my road trip starts. Once I'm there is when the fun begins. I seek to be the eyes of the west coast on the District. Culture, life, style and, of course, politics. If it doesn't make your blood boil you aren't listening. Over here on the left-coast we hear snippets of the elite in Washinton. How they think they can tell us how to live, what to eat, how to raise our children. Well, now you are going to see it first hand. And, of course, through the eyes of a born & bred So. Cal girl. I'm a California Conservative with a BA in Political Science, a job in Business and an eye on the world. I think my perspective is unique, but I also think its relateable. I'm no different than your daughter, your sister, the girl down the street. I just breathe, eat, sleep politics. I want to do my part to bring us back to the Federalism the Founding Fathers envisioned. Tell me when I'm right, when you think I'm wrong, and when I missed something. Look forward to the future...

-LGM

3 comments:

Lisa Cripps said...

Way to go girl!
We are so excited for you! Keep us posted!
Aunt Lisa

Jules said...

hey! found your blog! i'm totally bookmarking it for future visits!
excited to see how everything goes for you!
~julie martin

davey said...

AMAZING ATTITUDE!!!
YOU WILL HAVE GREAT SUCCESS!

DAVE W. :0)